To support the National Park Service in the protection, preservation, and interpretation of the natural and cultural resources at Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park for the enjoyment of current and future generations.
- I have read, understood, and agree to the terms outlined in the 2012 Photo Contest Prospectus.
- I represent and warrant that all photographs I submit are my original creations, that these photographs do not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights, and that I own all rights to the submitted photographs.
- My photographs were taken within the last 3 years in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
- My photographs have not been exhibited in any juried show in Hawai‘i.
- I agree to allow my name and photographs to be used by the Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park and/or the Volcano Art Center in any media, including online, to publicize and promote the contest, slideshow & finalists ceremony, and exhibit. If used online, photos will be posted at low resolution for image protection and credit will be given to the photographer.
- I agree to allow my photographs to be included in the multi-image slideshow on Saturday, April 28, 2012.
- If my photograph is a finalist selected to be in the exhibit:
- I agree to cover all costs for photo printing, mounting, matting, and delivery. My photo will be printed at 11” x 14” and dry-mounted on single-ply foam core (3/16”) inside a 16” x 20” black matte. It will be delivered to the Volcano Art Center Gallery by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2012.
- I will attach my name, photograph title, and retail price so it is visible on the back of the mounted, matted photo.
- If my photograph will be shipped, I will provide sturdy, reusable packaging and include adequate pre-payment for return shipping with insurance.
- I understand that Volcano Art Center Gallery will retain a 50% commission if the photo is sold, and that no works may be removed from the gallery until after the exhibit closes on Sunday, June 17, 2012.
- If not sold, I agree to pick up my piece from the gallery between 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2012 unless I have made prior shipping arrangements.
- I understand that after 2:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2012 all works will leave Volcano Art Center Gallery and be stored with Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park and be subject to a $5 per day storage fee. If not picked up after 30 days, I relinquish all rights and monetary claims to the unsold piece, and grant sole rights to the Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park to use the piece as they see fit.
- I understand that any and all fees paid by me in association with this contest are non-refundable.
- Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its sole discretion if it finds that any of the contest rules have been violated. Decisions of the Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park shall be final and binding.
- By entering in this contest, I agree to be bound by these rules. I hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless, Friends of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, Volcano Art Center, Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, National Park Service, and any other co-sponsors, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and distributors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims and causes of action which may arise against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause, or thing, including but not limited to any injury, loss, theft, or damage, whether direct or indirect, to any person, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any misrepresentation or failure to comply with contest rules, their participation in the contest, or their participation in any contest or prize related activity.